ISSN: 1313 – 8820 (print)
ISSN: 1314 – 412X (online)
About the journal
Agricultural Science and Technology /AST/ was founded in 2009 by Faculty of Agriculture, Trakia University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria.
It’s is published in English in one volume of 4 issues per year, as a printed journal and in electronic form.
All issues in 2022 are published with the financial support by Contract No. К P-06 NP3/24 from 15.11.2021, financed by Bulgaria National Science Fund (BNSF), grant "Bulgarian scientific periodicals".
- Economic efficiency of weed control at Sudan grassR. Bazitov1*, A. Stoyanova2 1Agricultural Institute, Radnevo road, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria 2Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Trakia University, 6000 Stara Zagoraр Bulgaria (Manuscript received 10 June; accepted for publication 01 November 2022) Abstract. The aim of the present study was to establish the economic efficiency of the use of some herbicides and combinations in the control of weeds in the Sudan grass variety […]
- Evaluation of bacterial contamination of laying hen eggshells by using a classic and fast method: first report in AlgeriaF. Mebkhout2, N.A. Khelifi Touhami1*, N. Ouchene1, T. Dahmane3, T.M. Hamdi2,3, O. Kessi4 1Institute of Veterinary Sciences, University Saad Dahlab Blida 1, Street Soumaa, 09000, Blida, Algeria 2HASAQ Laboratory, National Superior Veterinary School, 16000, Algiers, Algeria 3Department of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Natural and Life Sciences and Earth and Universe Sciences, Djilali Bounaama Khemis Miliana University, Ain Defla, 44000, […]
- Insecticidal action of beer towards different aphid speciesD. Ganchev* Department of Chemistry and Phytopharmacy, Faculty of Plant Protection and Agroecology, Agricultural University – Plovdiv, Bulgaria (Manuscript received 6 January 2022; accepted for publication 31 August 2022) Abstract. One of the most popular and widely consumed drinks in the world is beer, also one of the oldest in the human mankind. The consummation of the drink has deep historical roots and there are many traditions, […]
- Botanical insecticides for the pest management in tomato grown in cultivation facilitiesR. Mineva1*, V. Yankova2, N. Valchev1 1Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Trakia University, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria 2Maritsa Vegetable Crops Research Institute – Plovdiv, Bulgaria (Manuscript received 20 June 2022; accepted for publication 11 November 2022) Abstract. An alternative to synthetic insecticides is the use of naturally occurring products, such as botanical products with insecticidal properties. Biological […]
- Organic oat production (Avena sativa L.) in the conditions of Northeastern BulgariaD. Vasilev* Department of Plant protection, Botany and Zoology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Konstantin Preslavski University of Shumen, 115 Universitetska Str., Shumen 9700, Bulgaria (Manuscript received 20 June 2021; accepted for publication 11 November 2022) Abstract. The study took place in the period 2018 – 2020 in the village of Milanovo, Shumen region. In the period March 23 – 30, in accordance with the climatic factors of […]
- Diets for captive breeding and hacking of saker falcons (Falco cherrug) in BulgariaR. Petrov1,2*, Y. Andonova1, D. Yarkov2, A. Dicheva1 1Green Balkans – Stara Zagora NGO, Stara planina str. 9, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria 2Department of General Livestock Breeding, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, Student’s campus, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria (Manuscript received 7 June 2022; accepted for publication 6 October 2022) Abstract. With saker falcon populations on the mend globally, and in Bulgaria, special […]
- Accelerating the rate of development of the bee colonies during the spring feeding with the addition of Mikro Veda Care Apis ®R. Shumkova* Research Centre of Stockbreeding and Agriculture, 4700 Smolyan, Agricultural Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria (Manuscript received 20 June 2022; accepted for publication 11 November 2022) Abstract. The development of the honeybee colony depends on the availability of pollen and nectar in nature. The nutritional needs of worker bees are supplied from nectar carbohydrates, proteins and other nutrients in the bee pollen. Proper management of […]
- Growth dynamics and altitude effect on growth performance of Ouled Djellal lambs during the pre-weaning periodK. Mohammedi*, Z. Laiadhi, M. Titaouine Laboratory of Genetics, Biotechnology and Valorization of Bio-Resources, University Mohamed Khider, P.O. Box 145, Biskra-07000, Algeria (Manuscript received 28 July 2022; accepted for publication 14 November 2022) Abstract. This study evaluates the growth dynamics and the effect of altitude on different growth phases of pre-weaned Ouled Djellal lambs in northeastern Algeria. Forty-nine lambs born in the […]
- The influence of the vine rootstock on the agrobiological and technological characteristics of the Kaylashki Rubin varietyT. Yoncheva1*, A. Iliev1, F. Emurlova2 1Department of Vine Selection, Enology and Chemistry, Institute of Viticulture and Enology, 5800 Pleven, Agricultural Academy, Bulgaria 2Department of Plant Production, Faculty of Agriculture, Trakia University, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria (Manuscript received 20 June 2022; accepted for publication 11 November 2022) Abstract. The rootstock had a significant impact on the quantity and quality of grapes of […]
Correlation between grain yield and yield components in winter barley varieties
Fibromelanosis in domestic chickens
Fatty acid composition of common carp, rainbow trout and grey mullet fish species
Influence of genotype and environments on quality of winter wheat varieties in Northern Bulgaria
Functional properties of maltitol
Grouping of determinate local tomato varieties on the basis of cluster analysis
Grain combines productivity according to various unloading methods – in the field and at the edge of the field
Genotype x Environment Interaction and Stability Analysis of Some Narbonne Vetch (Vicia narbonensis L.) Genotypes
Near Infrared Spectroscopy and aquaphotomics for monitoring changes during yellow cheese ripening